On December 4-5, 2014, the University of Queensland (register here
) and ANZGG
will host a 2-day GCD Workshop in St. Lucia (Brisbane), Australia. The tentative schedule is:
From Chris Thompson's Email:
- Laptop. Bring your own.
- Software. You will need ArcGIS 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2* installed with spatial analyst and 3D analyst extensions. If you do not have ArcGIS or the extensions, we will have discs with ArcGIS/extensions with short term licence for use available. If needing these, please present early to get this loaded. We will load the GCD software on Thursday morning (4 December) because an updated version is being released this week.
- Internet. If you are coming from a university, please make sure you have eduroam set up for accessing wifi/internet. UQ visitor wifi can be used for those who are not university staff/students
- Transport and Parking. It is out of semester time so easier than normal. http://www.gpem.uq.edu.au/seminar-directions For those staying at the Women's College, it is a 10 minute walk to the venue ( https://goo.gl/maps/5pm9M ). For anyone travelling back from ANZGG to the GCD workshop who doesn't have transport organised, please contact me.
- Venue. Planning Studio Rm 315, School of Geography, Planning and Environmental Management, Steele Building (#3). When accessing the building from the East (opposite Commonwealth Bank), take the stairs (on your Left after entering) up one level, then follow the hallway as it zigzags around to your right.
- Food and drink. We will provide tea, coffee and juice at morning/afternoon tea and snacks. Lunch is available for purchase on campus – there are many eating places in close proximity to the Steele Building (http://www.uq.edu.au/about/places-to-eat)
- Start time: 8:00am Thursday morning for general set up [Copy workshop data, check access to the internet for online course notes, etc.]. We will then start with the Workshop proper at 9:00 am
* 10.2 has not been fully tested for GCD.